23.2.09

getting ready


best caption with this - "went in. was great."

"there exists fortunate creatures who have such a decided inclination in a particular direction that they follow the path once it is laid out for them without ever falling prey to the thought that perhaps they ought to have followed an entirely different path. There are others who let themselves be influenced so completely by their surroundings that it never becomes clear to them in what direction they are really striving... Perhaps it is my misfortune in life that I am interested in far too many things rather than definitely in any one thing. My interests are not all subordinated to one but are all coordinate...life has always interested me most, and it has always been my desire to clarify and solve the riddle of life.
...I prefer to talk with old women who chatter about their families, next with demented people - and lastly with very sensible people." (kierkegaard, either/or)

"No man knows how bad he is till he has tried very hard to be good. Only those who resist temptation know how strong it is.... and Christ, because He was the only man who never yielded to temptation, is also the only man who knows to the full what temptation means - the only complete realist." CS Lewis

its monday. im studying lent for cell. i plan on giving up alcohol for 40 days (technically 46). I have serious doubts about this actually coming true. I find myself in a familiar place, hopefully with new eyes and better choices to be made than the last time. I have only ever felt the way I did.

No comments:

 
Google