9.12.07

....(just) lie down with me

November 19 – all the things we’ve been put here to do, hoping there’s still so much more left for me, but then maybe it might be al(l) right to call it a day. Someone should tell you when you are making your life, so that you could pay more attention. If you’re afraid, well, just know you don’t have to. We didn’t have to ever be anything. What’s the point in making something wrong or right, why not let someone else do it for you?

I lost my luggage, somewhere in san Francisco.

This split in my lip, I’ve been doing my stretches, dabbing away blood,
Feigning interest in too many people’s words for an excuse to hide behind
My fingers doing all the thinking, my fingers can do all the thinking (I don’t mind)

Late in the Saturday we went to the cemetery, and the children are still sleeping in.
We can’t coax them out, no matter how many toys we bring

I never wanted you to get comfortable here

Mom and dad just hoped if they never showed you might come looking
They never thought you’d settle in so well
It’s no surprise - someone dies
But the how can take your breath, the when can shake your head
You better leave before dark, they lock these gates behind me everytime
Sorry I couldn’t stay, thank you for inviting me in too quiet for me to hear.

But yes, these big blue pills, they’ll start to fix the problems you need two hands to count
I’ll be having all the fixings money can buy

No comments:

 
Google